What is the Pensions Act?
The Pensions Act, ACT 766, which became operational from 1st January 2010 established a three-tier pension scheme to offer improved and better pension benefits to workers. Tiers 1 & 2 are mandatory and Tier 3 is voluntary.
• Tier 1 is funded by a 13.5% employer contribution - managed by SSNIT;
• Tier 2 is funded by a 5% employee contribution - managed by Corporate Trustees, Fund Managers & a Custodian;
• Tier3 is funded by employee, employer or both and it is managed by same team as Tier 2. Contributions up to 16.5% are tax exempt.
Who is a Trustee?
A trustee is someone or a company licensed, acting separately from your employer, to hold your pensions contributions on your behalf and manage it to secure your retirement benefits.
Who is PenTrust?
PenTrust is a Corporate Trustee licensed by the NPRA and an active player in the pensions business. We work with discipline to ensure the safety of our clients' retirement funds
What will PenTrust do for you?
PenTrust will help to administer and monitor the growth of your pension funds.
What products can you choose from?
• Tier 2 Occupational Master Scheme
• Tier 3 Voluntary Master Schemes
• Group Personal Master Schemes
• Employer Sponsored/Standalone Schemes
• Personal Pensions Schemes.
Why do you urgently need a Trustee for your 2nd Tier Pension contributions?
• Because SSNIT is no longer accepting the 5% contributions from employers
• Because your lump sum at retirement depends on your 5% contributions.
• Because if your company fails to pay the 5% by the 14th of the next month, it will be charged a penalty of 3% or be prosecuted.
• Because the earlier you start investing your 2nd Tier with us, the earlier you accumulate your returns